Between the ages of 10 and 13 most of the adult teeth have erupted and there this is the most common time to begin orthodontic treatment.
By 12, most if not all of the permanent teeth have erupted and are in place, and therefore the orthodontist can determine;
- 1) Why all the teeth have not erupted
- 2) How are can we improve the crooked teeth, or gaps in teeth.
- 3) How can we create a protective and esthetic smile and bite.
These problems will hardly ever correct themselves, so this is when most parents decide to seek orthodontic treatment.
ADOLESCENT AND TEEN TREATMENT OPTIONS:
- 1) No Treatment
- 2) Retainers to protect teeth from grinding and shifting
- 3) Braces: Metal or Clear esthetic braces
- 4) Invisalign Teen